Korea Livin'

this is a new chapter in my life...let's see where it takes me...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Report from the Charity Ball

Before reporting about last weekend...I wanted to say Hi to my Uncle Lonnie.

Uncle Lonnie,
Juju tells me that you are following my blog closely. I want you to know that I think of you every day. The day I heard from Brit, I wanted to be on the next flight home, even though I know that being there would not have changed the condition you were in. I am SO proud of your progress! Juju continues texting me to let me know how you are doing. She also informed me that she tried to download the texting application for you but it was not working. I will try to do some research to see if there is a different application we can use to talk. I love you lots and miss you so much!! How bout them Ducks?! =) xoxo!!

Now for the report...

Saturday was funny to say the least. The charity ball was a lot further away than I had anticipated. And by the time we got there, people were already starting to leave...it looked like it was a good turn out...we just missed it. We did get ONE good picture. My hair turned out really cute, but the lady that did it did not make sure it was pinned tightly so I had to fix it. The dress I decided to wear was the green dress with matching earrings and bracelet. Unfortunately the purple dress was just not fitting the way I wanted it to...gotta love being a girl! Once we decided to leave, we met this guy and girl that seemed to be a couple. They were really nice and we realized the cabs that were there picking people up were really expensive so we decided to go halves with the "couple." We went to Hongdae which was where I was on New Years. It was a lot of fun and yes, we got home late. On Sunday, we went to Itaewon (mini America) for breakfast. There is a popular pub called the Wolfhound. They were really busy. It looks like a lot of people that live in the area go there on Sundays to hang out, visit, eat, and sometimes drink. The food was good but I prefer All-American Diner. It has a non-smoking section and the service is faster. It was good to change it up though.

Monday was filled with the usual lesson planning and getting ready for the week. Nothing spectacular to inform.

Hope everyone is having a good week. I will be posting soon about the events of Lunar New Year (Korean holiday) that will be happening this weekend. So far, the plan is to stay at a hostel in Hongdae with Amy and friends, go to Everland to ride a couple roller coasters and watch a parade, and play the rest of the weekend by ear. Lotte World sounds really fun too. It is also an amusement park place that may have fireworks. We'll see.

Loves,
MaLeah

No comments:

Post a Comment